Today's modern fleets of medium- and heavy-duty diesel trucks aren't just a holy grail in mechanical engineering; they're also integrated with cutting-edge software and electronics to keep everything in order. Here at Duran & Sons Diesel, based in El Paso, Texas, we provide expert diagnostics and el
Engine misfires are more common than you may think. If you're experiencing rough idle, decreased fuel economy, and/or reduced engine power, one or more of your truck's cylinders may be failing to ignite properly. This can be due to a number of factors, such as a faulty ignition system, clogged fuel injectors, or a malfunctioning sensor.
The alternator is an integral part of a diesel truck's electrical system, responsible for charging the battery and powering the electrical accessories. Some common problems and symptoms of an alternator issue in medium- to heavy-duty diesel trucks include:
- Battery warning light: If the alternator fails, the battery warning light will appear on the dashboard.
- Dim or flickering lights: A failing alternator can cause the lights to dim or flicker, indicating that there isn't enough power to keep them bright.
- Dead battery: The alternator is responsible for recharging the battery. If it fails, the battery will eventually die, and the engine won't start.
- Electrical failures: A failing alternator can cause various electrical failures in the truck, such as power windows not working, radio or AC not working, and other electrical accessories not functioning correctly.
- Engine stalling: In some cases, a failing alternator can cause the engine to stall or stop running altogether, leading to dangerous situations on the road.
Is your truck experiencing any of these issues? Swing by Duran & Sons Diesel if you’re in El Paso, Texas.
Glow Plug Issues
Is your engine not starting up, especially in the cold? This indicates a glow plug issue, a common problem in diesel engines. Glow plugs are often confused with spark plugs, but in reality, they serve different purposes. Rather than igniting the fuel and air mixture to provide combustion, glow plugs are only needed to encourage combustion and get the engine running. At Duran & Sons Diesel in El Paso, Texas, we'll fix your glow plugs before you know it.
Call Duran & Sons Diesel and book an appointment today!